This past weekend we went back to Oklahoma. We drove to Tulsa on Friday and met Max, Jonathan's best friend, for lunch. That evening we went to dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant (I can't go back to Tulsa without eating there!) with my sister, mom, dad, Max, and Stephanie. The sushi was as yummy as I remembered and we had such a fun time catching up with everyone. Max and Stephanie are expecting a baby girl in November, so we got to hear all about the pregnancy and the nursery. It was so fun to see how excited and happy they are! And we can't wait to meet Baby Heckenkemper in a few months.
On Saturday I headed to Oklahoma City with Melissa and Amy for Melissa's bachelorette party. We laid out by the pool all afternoon before taking Melissa to....(drum roll, please)...a pole dancing class! It was such a blast! Who knew what amazing inner pole dancers we all had hiding inside of us. And I will say, however, that it takes a certain amount of athleticism to dance around a pole gracefully. After the class we went back to the hotel and had a shower for Melissa before going out in Bricktown. We found a fun bar where we enjoyed watching some black boys dance...boy, do they have rhythm! The funniest quote of the night was when Melissa said, "I feel like we're in the middle of that movie, Stomp the Yard." Okay, so maybe not quite, but it was still entertaining. And I even had someone teach me how to "walk it out." I'm sure you can imagine this white girl trying to get down...I've been told it was pretty funny to watch. Here are some pictures from the night:
Amy and Melissa - the Bachelorette!

The yummy cupcakes Sara made. Don't they look declicious? And beautiful? (Sara, we really did love them!)

Melissa, the bride-t0-be! Does she look like a natural, or what?!?
A group shot after our fun class.
All dressed up and ready to go out!

We're looking forward to two more trips back to Oklahoma this summer...one for Jill's wedding in Stillwater and the other for Melissa's wedding in Tulsa. We can't wait to see both of my sweet friends get married! Plus, in case you don't know this about me, I LOVE WEDDINGS! I know Jonathan always has a good time, but I'm not quite sure that he enjoys them as much as I do. I wonder why not??


0 comments:
Post a Comment